I hate prospecting. Everyone does.
There’s not a network marketer on the planet who bounces out of bed in the morning and says…
“Goody, goody, goody! I get to go strike up conversations with strangers and try to get them interested in my business!”
“Oh, hallelujah! I can’t wait to get to the phone and start calling people I don’t know!”
That’s not happening.
And yet, that’s the standard-issue training that you get from most network marketing companies today.
They’ll tell you that the way to build your business is to:
- Make a list of all the people you know or have ever known
- The Memory-Jogger Method: “Who do I know who’s an Accountant? Who do I know who’s a Baker? Who do I know who’s a Construction Worker?
- The “Three Foot Rule”: strike up a conversation with anyone who comes within 3 feet of you!
- The F.O.R.M method. Stands for Family, Occupation, Recreation and Message I don’t even want to tell you about this one. I’ll have nightmares tonight if I do….
This stuff is Jurassic Park Marketing.
…where people didn’t have computers in their houses….
….where there was no such thing as a smartphone….
….where “debit cards” weren’t invented yet and most people wrote checks for things they wanted to buy.
Hope you get that. I mean REALLY get that.
Right now, the likelihood that you’re reading this on your mobile phone or iPad is pretty good.
You might even be riding down the road at 60 mph.
And, no matter what kind of device you’re on, you could literally BUY A CAR from where you are right now if you wanted to.
And yet — despite all this amazing technology — the way most network marketers are taught to build their business is as old-fashioned as rotary-telephones and gas stations that close at 6pm.
This was the realization that made me wealthy in network marketing…
I spent years, spinning my wheels, in my network marketing business for TWO reasons.
And, if you’re not earning a six-figure income in your business, they’re probably the same two reasons that’s got you stuck.
Here they are:
- I didn’t like what I was doing. I had to force myself to do it and pretended I enjoyed it.
- The methods I was using didn’t work very well. They were out-dated, antiquated and didn’t match how people today wanted to live, work, buy things and earn money.
I could give you stories of all the stuff I hated.
Contacting people I haven’t talked to in years to see if they’d be interested in making money from home…. striking up conversations with strangers… calling 100 “leads” per day and leaving 96 voicemails …
It was stupid. And that stuff is even more stupid today.
The truth is that prospecting and doing in-person presentations is a waste of time for most people.
I’m not saying it doesn’t “work”. Heck, anything will produce a result if you do it enough times.
Ask Yourself These Questions…
- How much of your spending each month is done with a stranger you met at Starbucks while waiting to get your mocha? None.
- How many of your monthly payments required you to go to some “home party” or “private business reception” to sit through a 2-hour meeting before making a decision? None.
- How many of your decisions each month that involves having to spend time with a salesman in a 1-on-1 presentation? Unless you’re buying a car or a house, probably ZERO.
If YOU don’t make decisions and spend your money that way, why are you asking your prospects to do it?
P.S. If you are tired of not getting results with your business click here to GET HELP NOW!
P.S.S. Work With Me Personally and show you the marketing strategies I use to make up to $1,000 in day!
If you find this post helpful please share it with others and feel free to comment below.