What is this Beachbody review all about? Well if you’re reading this then you are probably conducting research because you have an interest in the Beachbody products and services or joining the business opportunity better known as the Team Beachbody.
If that is the case, just keep reading!
This is an unbiased Team Beachbody Business Opportunity Review. I will attempt to provide enough factual information about the Company, Product(s), and Compensation plan for you to be able to make an informed decision.
NOTE: Unbiased (meaning I am not a distributor of their products/services and I do not promote their business opportunity). Your decision to join or not join the Team Beachbody business opportunity is entirely up to you.
So let’s get to it shall we?
Company Profile – Background and History
COMPANY NAME: Beachbody, LLC
INDUSTRY: Health & Fitness
FOUNDERS: Carl Daikeler (CEO) and Jon Congdon (President)
COST: Initially $39.95 and then $15.95 (monthly)
WEBSITE: Teambeachbody.com Network Marketing Arm & Beachbody.com (Corporate)
REACH: USA & Canada only
According to their website,
Beachbody is a successful 10-year-old, $250+ million corporation based in Southern California. Founded in 1998 by Carl Daikeler and Jon Congdon, Beachbody, LLC, operates Beachbody.com and TeamBeachbody.com.
The Santa Monica, California-based company is the creator of the nation’s most popular fitness and weight loss products—high-quality, well-manufactured DVD workout programs, gear, and nutritional supplements that have been proven to work.
Beachbody’s Mission Statement:
To help people achieve their goals and enjoy healthy, fulfilling lives
In 2007 Team BeachBody was launched, and has since served as the network marketing arm of the business. TeamBeachbody.com, includes a network of thousands of independent “Coach” distributors as well as a dynamic online support and fitness community.
What Are the Beachbody Products?
Fitness and weight loss products including P90X®, INSANITY®, Brazil Butt Lift®, Slim in 6®, Turbo Jam®, and Hip Hop Abs® among many others. Beachbody® programs combine challenging DVD-based workouts with easy-to-follow diet guidelines, nutritional supplements (including its breakthrough health shake called Shakeology®, (AKA “The Healthiest Meal of the Day®“) and the clinically proven 21-day cleanse known as the Ultimate Reset®, and an unparalleled customer service and peer-support system.
How to promote the products
Beachbody spends millions of dollars every week advertising their home fitness programs on the major TV stations and cable networks. (You’ve probably seen their infomercials for programs such as P90X, Turbo Jam, and Hip Hop Abs, as well as our magazine and Internet ads.)
Team Beachbody Coaches are taught Warm Market Prospecting techniques and to take orders from family, friends and coworkers etc.
Beachbody also promotes its products with the Beachbody Challenge, a weight-loss and physical fitness goals oriented program designed to reward those with the best transformations achieved over a specified time period.
Some representatives also promote their products through social media and use of the internet.
The problem that most Team Beachbody representatives are facing is that after they go through their family and friends they run out of people to speak to about the business.
Once you run out of to the right of friends and family to sell to then what do you do?
Let me continue with this Team Beachbody review and I will show you exactly how you can make more money and sales with your new Beachbody business.
The Compensation Plan
The Team Beachbody compensation plan is actually a network marketing binary plan.
NOTE: A network marketing Binary Plan is a compensation plan in which distributors are placed in a binary (two legged) tree structure, or a left and a right subtree in the organization. It pays to infinite downline. That means that a member will be paid by downline, even if the downline are 15 level deep in your structure. It is the most popular plan among network marketing companies, network marketers, part-timers and members who want to earn through network marketing business.
You must be both Active to be eligible to earn and receive commissions.
How Team Beachbody defines an active coach:
Active – A coach achieves Active Status by (a) accumulating and maintaining a total of 50 or greater Personal Volume (PV) within the Bonus Qualification Period; (b) accumulating and maintaining 50 or greater PV within the Bonus Qualification Period from your personal Home Direct orders; or (c) becoming a new Coach by directly responding to the Beachbody Coach Business Opportunity offer for the initial Bonus Qualification Period (i.e., solely for the new Coach’s first 35 days).
The two primary ways to earn money within the Team Beachbody compensation plan are selling: 1) BeachBody products and 2) Team Beachbody membership subscriptions.
Retail commissions are paid out weekly on the sale of BeachBody products to retail customers.
The commission pay out is 25 percent of the retail sales price of the product and coaches earn a 15 percent commission on products they sell to personally enrolled Team Beachbody Club Members
Any Challenge Packs sold to retail customers attract the following once-off bonuses:
- Challenge Pack $140 – $40 commission
- Challenge Pack $160 – $50 commission
- Challenge Pack $180 – $60 commission
- Challenge Pack $205 – $70 commission
- Challenge Pack $220 – $80 commission
- Challenge Pack $245 – $80 commission
- Challenge Pack $305 – $105 commission
Team Selling – Team Beachbody Club Membership Ranks
Coaches will earn a 40 percent commission on the sales and renewals of new Team Beachbody Club memberships.
NOTE: Coaches with customers who have enrolled in the Team Beachbody Club prior to March 11, 2015 will continue to earn a 50 percent commission on those enrollments for the duration of the customer’s paid club subscription.
Also Note that Team BeachBody membership is not affiliate membership, but rather a community within the BeachBody customer-base.
These Club membership commissions are paid weekly.
There are eighteen membership ranks within the Team BeachBody compensation plan, 15 of which are Diamond Star ranks. Listed below are the criteria to qualify for each:
- Coach – sign up with Team BeachBody and maintain at least 50 PV a month to qualify for commissions.
- Emerald – generate at least 50 PV a month and recruit and maintain at least two coaches (one in each side of the binary)
- Ruby – generate at least 75 PV a month and recruit and maintain at least four coaches (two must Emerald or higher ranked (one on either side of the binary), with the remaining two coaches split one on either side of the binary)
- Diamond – generate at least 100 PV a month, recruit and maintain at least eight coaches (two must be Emerald or higher ranked (one on either side of the binary), with the remaining six coaches split three on either side of the binary)
- 1 Star Diamond – maintain at least 250 PV a month, recruit at least one Diamond ranked coach and a total personally recruited downline of at least ten coaches
- 2 Star Diamond – maintain at least 250 PV a month, recruit and maintain at least one Diamond ranked coach on either side of the binary and a total personally recruited downline of twelve coaches
- 3 Star Diamond – maintain at least 250 PV a month, recruit and maintain at least one Diamond ranked coach on either side of the binary and a total personally recruited downline of fourteen coaches (three of which must be Diamond or higher ranked)
- 4 Star Diamond -maintain at least 250 PV a month, recruit and maintain at least one Diamond ranked coach on either side of the binary and a total personally recruited downline of sixteen coaches (four of which must be Diamond or higher ranked)
- 5 Star Diamond – maintain at least 250 PV a month, recruit and maintain at least two Diamond ranked coaches on either side of the binary and a total personally recruited downline of twenty coaches (five of which must be Diamond or higher ranked)
- 6 Star Diamond – maintain at least 250 PV a month, recruit and maintain at least two Diamond ranked coaches on either side of the binary and a total personally recruited downline of twenty-one coaches (six of which must be Diamond or higher ranked)
- 7 Star Diamond -maintain at least 250 PV a month, recruit and maintain at least two Diamond ranked coaches on either side of the binary and a total personally recruited downline of twenty-two coaches (seven of which must be Diamond or higher ranked)
- 8 Star Diamond – maintain at least 250 PV a month, recruit and maintain at least two Diamond ranked coaches on either side of the binary and a total personally recruited downline of twenty-three coaches (eight of which must be Diamond or higher ranked)
- 9 Star Diamond – maintain at least 250 PV a month, recruit and maintain at least two Diamond ranked coaches on either side of the binary and a total personally recruited downline of twenty-four coaches (nine of which must be Diamond or higher ranked)
- 10 Star Diamond – maintain at least 250 PV a month, recruit and maintain at least five Diamond ranked coaches on either side of the binary and a total personally recruited downline of twenty-five coaches (10 of which must be Diamond or higher ranked)
- 11 Star Diamond – maintain at least 250 PV a month, recruit and maintain at least five Diamond ranked coaches on either side of the binary and a total personally recruited downline of twenty-six coaches (11 of which must be Diamond or higher ranked)
- 12 Star Diamond – maintain at least 250 PV a month, recruit and maintain at least five Diamond ranked coaches on either side of the binary and a total personally recruited downline of twenty-seven coaches (12 of which must be Diamond or higher ranked)
- 13 Star Diamond – maintain at least 250 PV a month, recruit and maintain at least five Diamond ranked coaches on either side of the binary and a total personally recruited downline of twenty-eight coaches (13 of which must be Diamond or higher ranked)
- 14 Star Diamond – maintain at least 250 PV a month, recruit and maintain at least five Diamond ranked coaches on either side of the binary and a total personally recruited downline of twenty-nine coaches (14 of which must be Diamond or higher ranked)
- 15 Star Diamond – maintain at least 250 PV a month, recruit and maintain at least five Diamond ranked coaches on either side of the binary and a total personally recruited downline of thirty coaches (15 of which must be Diamond or higher ranked)
Personal Volume (PV) V is a value assigned to products and Membership services sold in a Bonus Earning Period either by a Coach’s personal purchases or by a Coach to his or her Personal Retail Customers.
For a more detailed look see the full Team Beachbody summary compensation plan.
ARE THERE ANY CONCERNS OR RED FLAGS ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY?
At this time I have no concerns or major issues with this company. Beachbody, LLC is actually a member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB) Accredited Business since 02/21/2002.
At the time of this post there were 486 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years and 283 closed in last 12 months.
The majority of the complaints (216) were Billing/Collections issues.
The second highest number of complaints was 176 focused on Products/Services.
Their current BBB rating is:
Since this is a comprehensive Team Beachbody Business Opportunity review I have listed the pros as well as the cons below:
- Upfront commissionable income on new product sales.
- Product & Brand Recognition – Fitness products are promoted on television and recognized by many.
- Residual income opportunity on product orders (autoship).
- Multiple ways to get paid through Personal Selling or Team Building.
- Stability – Beachbody, LLC has been in business over 10 years.
- Monthly Business Service Fee Waived for Military on Active Duty.
- Coach Business Starter Kit & Monthly Coach Business Services Fee Waived for bonafide Non-Profit organizations.
- Bonuses and Awards. Fast Start Bonuses, Team Cycle Bonuses, Incentive Trips. In addition to to the above compensation, Team Beachbody has bonus opportunities and recognition programs available to its coaches.
- Must maintain at least 50 PV a month to qualify for commissions..
- Requires that you have 50 PV, and have one (1) personally sponsored Active Coach (or higher) on his right and left legs before eligible to receive commissions from your downline (team activity).
- Production based comp plan that will require heavy recruiting and building large teams to sustain and maximize income potential.
- Hierarchical requirements make the higher ranks exceptionally harder to achieve, including those ranks that are most likely to produce a comfortable living income.
- The founder of Beachbody has stated that the average life of being a Beachbody Coach is only 18 months. The average earning of a “Retail-Seller Coach” for 2014-2015 was $550.
- Restricted Market: Business opportunity only available in USA & Canada.
- Compensation Plan Restrictions for Higher Ranks: To qualify for the Star Diamond Leadership Bonus Pools as shown above, eligible Coaches at the 5, 10 and 15 Star Diamond
level must also be in attendance at the annual Beachbody Coach Summit.
Is the Team Beachbody business opportunity right for YOU?
If you are interested in promoting/selling health and fitness products then Team Beachbody may be a good fit for you!
To join Team Beachbody and become a sales representative you must purchase the Business Starter Kit for $39.95 at sign up.
A kit contains a Welcome Book, a CD/DVD with “sharing videos”, instructions for holding “great events” and “support materials you’ll need.
Kit also includes membership to Team Beachbody online community.
You can sign up with a personal sponsor or you can sign up online.
After signing up you will be provided catalogs and your very own company reciprocated website with a back office.
Once you’re registered as a independent representative, you can start building your Team Beachbody business.
Note: The optional purchase of a Challenge Pack can raise the cost of basic Team BeachBody affiliate membership to as much as $305.
WARNING: 95% of Team Beachbody Coaches FAIL!
Beachbody its a fact that an overwhelming majority will lose money and never achieve the financial freedom they dream about.
According to Beachbody’s Statement of Independent Coach Earnings for the fiscal year ending Dec. 26, 2015 Beachbody admits that 45% of all Coaches did not receive a commission or bonus check from Team Beachbody and this is based solely on coaches enrolled for a one year period.
69% of Coaches are in the lowest rank of Coach, the “Retail Sellers” rank. Only 3% of Coaches are in the highest “Star Diamond” ranks.
But, within the Star Diamond rank, there are an additional fifteen levels. The percentage of coaches in the highest rank is actually smaller than 3%.
The truth is most Team Beachbody coaches will never achieve financial freedom or the level of success they desire.
Hard work and dedication will only get you so far.
That is only one part of the strategy for success.
The other part that is not often discussed is having the right mindset, training and marketing tools in place – preferably before you join or shortly thereafter!
Quite frankly, if you are new to direct sales or an inexperienced marketer chances are you will become frustrated and quit 90-120 days after joining unless you take the time to invest in and develop the necessary marketing skills you need to avoid becoming a failure statistic.
Not investing in the proper marketing training and marketing tools is why most Team Beachbody coaches don’t see results and ultimately fail!
If you do not have the money to invest in your personal education in order to develop the skills necessary you are already in trouble.
Yes, being your own boss sounds great until you realize how much work and additional money it really takes to be successful.
Please don’t be a fool.
Network marketing is a lot of hard work!
But if you are willing to labor in the vine yard consistently for 3-5 years the rewards and the benefits are incredible!
So Can I Make Money With Beachbody?
Yes, as with any network marketing business opportunity you can make money with Team Beachbody.
How much money will be totally up to YOU!
The challenge with Team Beachbody and any other direct sales or network marketing company for that matter is that simply joining Team Beachbody will not automatically make you money or successful.
At the end of the day, your success will depend on your ability to generate an endless flow of high quality leads.
But here is absolutely the best part of this Team Beachbody business opportunity review.
I will not only share with you how you can make money from your Team Beachbody business but exactly what the top leaders are doing to earn 6 figure incomes.
Working with Beachbody can be highly profitable, but also competitive. So how do you set yourself apart from all the rest and become a top producer for Beachbody ?
Well, it’s a combination of 3 fundamental things, and yes, they are listed in order of importance:
#1 The right LEADERSHIP
#2 The right TRAINING
#3 The right TOOLS
As an Beachbody coach, you have your typical sponsor or upline leaders who are essentially responsible for teaching you how to succeed.
Unfortunately with Beachbody, too many upline leaders are stuck in a traditional mentality of teaching old school marketing tactics that worked 30-40 years ago, but have since been out-dated.
To become a TOP PRODUCER for Beachbody, or any other network marketing company, you need to acquire these 3 things I’ve just outlined for you above:
– With the right LEADERS, you can learn what it truly takes to be successful by modelling your Beachbody business after the business of your coach or mentor.
– With the right TRAINING, you can acquire the skills and knowledge to become the most sought after Beachbody coach.
– With the right TOOLS, you can put together a marketing system that will fuel the engine of your Beachbody business, like a well oiled machine.
The reason so many people struggle with Beachbody is NOT because of the company or the product. In fact, they’ve been around for a long time and have had success with their product line around the world.
But simply put, you need to learn how to effectively market your Beachbody products to the right people, at the right time and in the right way. It’s really that simple.
You can have tremendous success selling Beachbody (either offline, online or both) and build a highly lucrative home business just like you always wanted. But it will take dedication on your part, and a commitment to follow the 3 steps I’ve outlined for you.
Ready to learn how TOP PRODUCERS are generating 20+ LEADS PER DAY? These skills are absolutely essential, as you will have difficulty monetizing your Team Beachbody business if you are not pulling in leads in the DOUBLE DIGITS.
My Final Thoughts…
If you do a search on Google for this company and products, you will find some negative websites, blogs and consumer comments, but that is typical for any business.
How the company handles the complaints is key.
You should always make sure you get to know as much about the company as you can before making a decision.
So continue to read as many Team Beachbody reviews as you possibly can while researching this company.
Please understand that if you are new to the direct sales and network marketing industry that your success will come from your ability to generate continuous leads in order to make sales. Remember, success in network marketing is not a huge mystery. It is just a matter of correct education, proper skills and effective action.
In my opinion Team Beachbody is a very stable and well established direct sales and network marketing company.
Team Beachbody is a good business opportunity that sells high quality, celebrity-endorsed, brand recognizable beauty products.
But that all of that has little to do with whether YOU will be successful or not.
While it’s obviously beneficial to be a part of a strong, supportive company, what really determines whether you will succeed or not is your ability to sell products consistently and your ability to recruit people in order to build a solid team.
If you are interested in the health and fitness industry and feel comfortable with their products, then Team Beachbody is certainly a business opportunity worth looking into.
Thanks for checking out this Team Beachbody Business Opportunity Review.
P.S. While you are considering Team Beachbody as an additional source of income, what if you could make money even from those who are not interested in ordering your products or in joining your team?
P.S.S. If you’re struggling to build your Team Beachbody business, tired of rejection, bugging your friends and family, then you Click Here To Get Help Now! The pain, struggles, and the frustration you have endured while building your business ends, right here, right now.
Your comments are welcomed below, please share your Team Beachbody experiences.