3 Solid Reasons To Build An Email List

SHARE & COMMENT

If you are not building an email list and you’re serious about building your business online then you definitely want to read this post.

Email allows you to communicate and engage your audience in more personalized way. 

quote

Building an email list is crucial because it’s the best way to build a relationship with potential customers in an intimate way. ”  ~Nathalie LussierDigital Strategist at Ambition Ally

I must admit when I first start working from home I did not understand the importance of building an email list.

It wasn’t till I got my Facebook Advertising account banned that I realized my big mistake.  I was building my leads and contacts on a platform that I did not own…

build email list

1. Owning Your Email List Gives You Control

When it comes down to it, your list is one of the only online assets that you have 100% control over.

I think Jayson DeMers, a Forbes magazine contributor, says it best

quote

Having a solid social media presence is absolutely essential, but you’ll always be at the mercy of new and changing algorithms (think Facebook’s Edgerank). And achieving high search engine rankings is great too, but again, you’re at the mercy of changing algorithms and updates.

Your email list, on the other hand, is yours, free and clear. Using your website and social media to attract visitors and followers, and then encouraging them to sign up for your email list gives you the opportunity to contact your prospects at any point in the future, with any kind of messaging you want; and you’re not bound by search engine rankings or social media algorithms.”

2. Get More Reach With Your Email List

If you are using Facebook, I am sure by now that have noticed that you are only able to reach an average of about 1-2% of your Facebook Fans.

The same can be said about other social media sites like Twitter… only a very small percentage of your Twitter following will actually see your tweets.

Most of these social media sites have now instituted a “Pay to Play” system for getting more reach.

In other words, you have to pay to advertising on their platform if you want to get more of your fans to see your posts!

But not with email…

 Francisco Rosales, Founder of SocialMouths, says,

quote

Email is not perfect either, according to studies, 22% of emails sent get lost in the junk or spam folders or are blocked by ISPs. But that still leaves you with an average of 78% messages delivered.

At that point, the lifespan of your message will be decided by your recipient, your email will sit in the Inbox as “unread” until it’s acknowledged. This is the reason you keep getting clicks even several days after sending the campaign. On the other hand, the lifespan of a social media post can range between a few hours to only minutes.

Email is by far the most effective communication platform between your brand and its audience (or most of it).”

3. Promote Anything You Want To Your Email List

Nothing gets engagement like email. Twitter, Facebook, etc. is almost irrelevant by comparison.

If someone has given you their email address they are ready to engage with your content or products.

And, best of all, they’ll help you promote it so you can get more email subscribers.

quote

And if you aren’t selling any products, you should still collect emails so you can get people back to your site on a continual basis. For example, if you have a blog, every time you publish a new post, you can notify your list, which will help increase repeat traffic.” ~Neil Patel ~Co-Founder of KISSmetrics, CrazyEgg, and QuickSprout

That’s it. I gave you 3 solid reasons to build an email list

email listAre you currently building an email list? If not, I hope this post has opened your eyes shown you some solid reasons why you should.

It really doesn’t take much to get started all you need is a simple autoresponder. There are many email list building tools out on the market but I personally like Aweber.

The effort you put into building your email list is one of the best investments you can make online.

Imagine having a targeted mailing list giving you access to the inboxes of prospects that overtime you can continue to build and nurture the relationship, and eventually become a trusted source of valuable industry knowledge.

Then, when it’s time for your prospects to buy, you’ll be the first one who they think of.

To Your Success!
charles lenoir

P.S. If you are tired of not getting results with your business click here to GET HELP NOW!

P.S.S. Click Here To Work With Me Personally and I will teach you the latest and greatest marketing strategies to help you build a faster more profitable business!

Do you have an email list already? If you have any thoughts or comments on this post please feel free to share them below.


Other Readers Like

SHARE & COMMENT